For Job Seekers
The information below is a resource for recently dislocated workers due to COVID-19.
The EmployIndy Job Board will be updated regularly by EmployIndy staff for job seekers to use as a tool during the job search process at employindy.org.
- ABM is hiring for full-time and part-time positions, various shifts. Apply online. Search Indianapolis for open positions.
- Ace Hardware is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Amazon is hiring Warehouse Team Members. Apply online.
- Bank of America is hiring a Financial Center Manager. Apply online
- Bell Techlogix is currently hiring IT Service Desk Agents. Apply online.
- Big Lots is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Caito Foods is hiring for production clerks, sanitation workers, order selectors, and forklift operators at their distribution center at $12-14.50/hr depending on the position. More information about Indianapolis-specific jobs. Apply online.
- CarDon & Associates, Inc is hiring for immediate temporary or permanent positions in dietary, housekeeping/laundry, customer service, hospitality, and concierge service in all of their Indiana communities. Temporary positions for displaced workers available; weekly pay and flexible schedules. CarDon & Associates is a family-owned senior living company. Apply online or call (317) 600-2062. Click on the link for temporary employment on the careers page.
- Centene is hiring a Contract Negotiator I. Apply online
- Chewy is currently hiring for positions in Central Indiana. Apply Online.
- City of Indianapolis is hiring several positions within the Department of Public Works. Apply Online.
- ClusterTruck is hiring drivers for Indianapolis and Carmel. Apply online.
- Comcast is hiring for multiple Sales Consultant and Retail Sales Associate positions. Apply Online.
- Crown Services is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- CVS is hiring distribution center jobs starting at $12.25/hr. More information about Indianapolis-specific jobs. Apply online.
- Dollar Tree is hiring Salesfloor Associates and Customer Service Representatives. Apply online.
- DoorDash is hiring delivery drivers. Apply online.
- Eskenazi Health is hiring environmental service workers at $13-15.99/hr. Apply online.
- Express Employment Professionals Indy South is hiring for various positions. Express focuses on career opportunities in Advanced Manufacturing, Light Industrial, and Office Services. View current openings and apply online at expressindysouth.com.
- Fastenal is hiring for their distribution center. Apply online. HOW TO APPLY: Click Opportunities > Click Distribution/Warehouse > Click Find a career in this department > Enter zip code 46254 > Click Find Jobs. This displays a list of all open positions for their distribution/warehouse plus their manufacturing positions. Click the job title to view a job description.
- FedEx is hiring warehouse workers and casual package handlers for part-time work at $15.30/hr. Apply online.
- First Student is hiring for a Bus Driver and Monitor/Aide. Apply online.
- Franciscan Health is offering a paid training program for Patient Care Assistants starting May 11. Enter Requisition Number 48806 in the "Search by Keyword" search bar when applying online at the following link. Apply online.
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) Inc is hiring full-time and part-time security officers. Apply online.
- General Motors is hiring temporary workers at their Kokomo plant to produce ventilators. Apply online.
- Gleaners is hiring. Apply online.
- Great Care Home Health is hiring multiple caregivers, with and without experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 317-595-9933 for more details. Apply online.
- GrubHub is hiring delivery drivers. Apply online.
- Herff Jones is hiring for a multiple positions. Apply online.
- Hoosier Contractors is hiring Administrative Analyst roles (financial, accounting, customer relations, claims management), sales positions such as Field Consultants and Field Sales Managers in Training, and Construction Management Degree roles. Apply online.
- IndyGo is hiring for a Director of Maintenance and Manager of Maintenance Technical Training and Development. Apply online.
- IngramMicro is hiring for Remote Sr. Sustainability Analyst. Apply online.
- InstaCart is hiring shoppers and delivery drivers. Apply online.
- Intelligent Fiber Network (IFN) is hiring for various positions including Outside Plant Fiber Optic Engineers, Network Engineers, and a position in the Network Operations Center (NOC). Apply online.
- IU Health is hiring for various positions. Individuals can click “Search Careers” on the main page then further filter jobs by keyword, zip code, distance, city, job category, schedule and shift type. Apply online.
- Jobs for Felons Hub lists open positions with employers who have record of hiring individuals with a felony record. Apply online.
- Kroger is hiring for shoppers for Kroger Pickup as well as employees to stock shelves, clean stores, and work registers. Pay is available up to $12.30/hr. Apply online.
- Lowes is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Marion County Sheriff's Office is hiring for various positions including 911 Dispatchers, Jail Control Operator, Records Clerk, and Detention Deputies. No prior experience needed; immediate openings available. Apply online.
- Medxcel is hiring for various positions including Landscaping Crew Leaders, HVAC Technicians, Maintenance Mechanics, Project Managers, Construction Managers and more. Apply online.
- Meijer is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Nice-Pak Products, Inc. is hiring for full time warehouse operators and machine operators starting anywhere between $15.50-$16.50/hr. Benefits offered day one of employment, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc. Apply online.
- Northern Tool + Equipment is hiring for Assistant Store Manager and full-time Small Engine Mechanic. Apply online.
- Pepsi is hiring an Experienced Fleet Technician (FT/Evenings). Apply online.
- Pizza Hut is hiring for various positions and delivery drivers across Indianapolis. Apply online or text "qualityhuts" to 242424 and follow the link.
- Porter Pipe & Supply is hiring. Apply online for the Counter Sales Rep and Warehouse Associates positions.
- Postmates is hiring delivery drivers. Apply online.
- Praxair is hiring a Cylinder Prepper - Loader. Apply online.
- Office Depot is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- RC Enterprise is seeking to hire a Professional Package Delivery Associate. Apply Online.
- ResCare is hiring for a variety of positions. Apply online. Search Indianapolis for open positions. View the flyer.
- Salesforce is hiring for various positions. Filter their open positions on LinkedIn by location (Indianapolis, IN Area) and apply online.
- Securitas Security Services is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Select Senior Care is now hiring for various caregiver positions. Apply online.
- Shalom Daycare Ministry is now hiring experienced childcare providers. Interested candidates should call (317) 635 – 3397 for additional information or submit resume to email@example.com.
- SMX Staffing is hiring for various positions. Apply online. View flyer.
- State of Indiana is currently hiring full-time and intermittent call center representatives. Apply online here and here.
- Target is hiring for various positions. Filter their open positions on LinkedIn by location (Indianapolis, IN Area) and apply online.
- Tractor Supply is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Uber Eats is hiring delivery drivers. Apply online.
- Walgreens is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- Walmart in Plainfield is hiring full-time and seasonal warehouse associates. Apply online.
- Wexford of Indiana, LLC is hiring RNs and LPNs at their Plainfield, Pendleton, New Castle, Bunker Hill, and Michigan City locations. Apply online. Search Indianapolis for open positions. View the flyer.
- Wheeler Mission is hiring for various positions. Apply online.
- WIS International is hiring an Inventory Associate for their Travel Team. Apply Online.
- Youth Advocate Programs, Inc. is currently hiring for hourly, part time Advocate positions. Apply online.
WorkOne Indy Job Seeker Services
Individuals can file for unemployment insurance through the Indiana Department of Workforce Development (DWD). An informational video on Indiana’s unemployment insurance can be found here and frequently asked questions can be found here or preguntas más frecuentes en español.
Still have questions about unemployment insurance? Contact DWD via email at AskUIContactCenter@dwd.in.gov
While plans are being put into place to get the additional relief to impacted Hoosier workers as soon as possible, we respectfully ask that you refrain from calling the Unemployment Insurance Call Center with any questions regarding the new stimulus package.
Financial Counseling with Pete the Planner
Mayor Joe Hogsett’s office, in partnership with EmployIndy, will offer free, no-strings attached financial counseling available through Pete the Planner. Individuals interested in the service can get started by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information below is a resource for employers.
Although the information is tailored towards small businesses, the information on the Rapid Response Hub is relevant to employers of all sizes. It includes:
- FAQs from entrepreneurs, business owners, and employers relating to finance, business operations, employee support, and more
- Question intake form to route small businesses to the relevant information, resource, or service provider via a network of subject matter experts
If employers are temporarily closing or reducing worker hours, encourage employees to file for unemployment insurance benefits at unemployment.in.gov. All unemployment insurance filings must be done electronically. This website will also provide additional benefit information, such as:
- Employer Handbook
- FAQs for Employers
- UI Claim Process Guide
- Links to file for unemployment insurance
- Additional resources and unemployment details
For regular employer updates regarding unemployment information and insurance, employers are able to access the Indiana Department of Workforce Development Employer Self Service page.
This page has resources for employers as they navigate unemployment benefits and assisting their employees in filing for unemployment.
Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) opened a critical industries hotline for employers. Employers are able to use this resource to contact the IEDC and to field industry questions regarding essential and nonessential business operations.
This hotline can be reached by calling 877-820-0890 or emailing email@example.com.
EmployIndy continues to review information provided by the federal government and the Indiana Department of Workforce Development on unemployment insurance expansion due to COVID-19. There are frequent changes being made at the Federal and State levels to accommodate the surge in unemployment, so please check for updates often on the following topics:
- Unemployment insurance eligibility circumstances, qualifications and benefits;
- Requirements and assistance for filing an unemployment claim;
- Information on calculation and the length of benefits;
- Details about Indiana-specific unemployment funds; and
- Other information as it pertains to unemployment
NOTE: This resource is compiled by EmployIndy to monitor anticipated changes in unemployment practices due to the COVID-19 outbreak; it has not been reviewed by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development.
For the Community
The information below is an accumulation of resources throughout the city that are available to all Indianapolis residents.
Impacted residents and businesses should visit the city’s COVID-19 resource guide, which can be viewed at indy.gov/covid. The mobile friendly site connects individuals, students, and families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with community resources. Spanish speaking residents can view the Resource Guide here (en español). Individuals who are unable to navigate the city’s website can call 317-327-4MAC (317-327-4622) between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. to talk to a customer service representative. Included in the resource guide is support for:
Central Indiana Corporate Partnership (CICP) has organized a list of resources and services available to employers, residents, dislocated workers, and job seekers who have been impacted by COVID-19s:
- Business Assistance
- Financial Assistance
- Utility Assistance
- Information about life sciences efforts
- Social Services Assistance
- Artists’ Community Assistance
- How to Help
Organizations throughout the community have been hard at work to provide resources and opportunities for individuals impacted by COVID-19:
- United Way of Central Indiana Community Economic Relief Fund
- MCCOY Resources
- Indiana Rural Health Association can assist with the enrollment process for Indiana Health Care programs, Marketplace, and Medicare.
This list will continue to grow as EmployIndy is made aware of additional resources. To share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.